Please review the following checklist in order to make certain you get all the tax credits and deductions you can.

Receipts and Information Slips

  • CRA notice of assessment from the previous year
  • information slips (T4, T3, T4A, T4AP, T4OAS, T4RSP, T4E, T5, TL2 etc)
  • receipt for unions and professional dues (if not already on T4)
  • all RRSP receipts
  • medical receipts
  • tuition and education receipts (T2202A)
  • charitable donation receipts
  • political contributions


  • employment income
  • pension benefits, including OAS and CPP
  • employment insurance benefits
  • social assistance and WCB benefits
  • interest and dividends
  • sale of stocks, bonds or real estate
  • spousal or child support received
  • RRSP income or withdrawals
  • rental income
  • miscellaneous income

Deductions and Credits

  • RRSP and RPP contributions
  • child care expenses
  • union or professional dues
  • moving expenses
  • spousal or child support paid
  • carrying charges and interest expense
  • GST/HST credit and/or rebate
  • age credit or pension credit
  • disability credit
  • tuition fees and education credit
  • transfer of unused spousal or dependent credits
  • medical expenses, charitable donations, political contributions
  • stock option or shares deductions
  • employment expenses
  • automobile expenses
  • in home office expenses
Accounting Services Canada | 25 - 1554 Carling Avenue, Ottawa ON K1Z 7M4 CANADA | T:1-613-663-8968 Email: